12.06.2009

Thanksgiving Recap

So it's been 2 weeks since I've updated. Sorry about that. I thought maybe I'd share with you how our Thanksgiving went, since it was only a little over a week ago, and there hasn't been too much else going on in our lives!

For Thanksgiving this year, we did something out of the ordinary. We went to my Aunt Becky's house (my mom's sister), which is near Harrisburg, instead of staying at home. It was a nice change of scenery. Bobby and I left at 2 on Wednesday and hit rush hour in Hbg and got to my aunt's at 6:30 (after checking into the hotel). We had pizza, hung out with Aunt B, Uncle Scott, and my cousins, Ashlee and Kelsey, until about Midnight. My mom and Ben got there somewhere around 11pm, because they both had to work!

Thursday was the day I was dreading, so much. I really thought it was going to be extremely difficult, just like I thought daddy's birthday was going to be super difficult, too. It wasn't though...for me, mom, or Ben. We got through it with no tears at all. We had a nice meal and visited with my mom's family and had a great day. After all the kids made stockings (that included me) Bobby and I went to Hershey Park with Kelsey and her boyfriend to go see the park lights and watch a cool show that was synchronized with music. It was pretty cool, and I got some neat pictures!

Friday, I went Black Friday shopping with the girls and Aunt B and had a great time. :) I got some good deals and even got myself a new purse! Bobby went to Cabela's in Hanover and he got us some new chairs for bonfires this coming summer! They recline and everything! So excited!

We left Aunt B's and went over to my Uncle Brian's (mom's brother) around 1:00 and stayed until about 3:30...which was MUCH later than we had planned to stay! When we got home, we had a bunch of friends come over, watched some football, talked, and played some games until about 1 am.

Saturday I got up early and went out to Bobby's cousin Jill's and made candy for Christmas with most of the women on his mom's side of the family. When we finished, I had to come home so we could go to Penn Hills for another Thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Karen's!

Dinner at Aunt Karen's went better than I had expected for everyone there, too. I was surprised by how very UN-emotional everyone was. I said to my mom it didn't seem like anyone was having too hard of a time because dad ALWAYS had to work on holiday's...so it was just like any other year. My mom and grandma seemed to agree with me, too. We stayed there until about 12:30, because we watched the Green Mile....one of my absolute FAVORITE movies, EVER :) oh yeah, and Nova, my GORGEOUS 9 year old cousin, fell asleep in my lap. It was great. She's such a sweetie pie!!

Sunday we hung out at home and watched the Steelers LOSE with JohnAllen. Even tho they lost, we had a fun evening and went to bed early...The boys had to get up and hunt super early.

Well, that's about all that happened Thanksgiving weekend. I'll post more again later. I've got lots of stuff to do this evening!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Firsts are always hard but I'm glad that you have family so you can get through it together!