11.18.2009

Thankful day 13...I guess

I'm behind on my thankful posting. Sorry. I've just been a little lazy lately, and really tired! I have fallen asleep with my laptop in my lap for the past 6 nights...hoping not to do it again tonight!!

Today I am thankful for my momma.

My momma is amazing. She's been through A LOT since last September when she lost her job for a VERY stuuuuuuupid reason. That's a long story and I'm sure she wouldn't really want me to tell you about it, either. She went back to work in December and has had 4 different jobs since then. She is now the assistant manager on the retail side at Cunningham Meats.

She has always encouraged me to do the things that I want to do, and even if we don't always see eye-to-eye, she'll back me up in whatever decisions I make for my life. Whenever someone asks me when I'm going to have a baby and she's around, she jumps in and replies for me, because she knows it's hard for me to talk about. She says that the babies will come when the time is right and she has never been pushy about it. She knows what's going on with my body and doesn't let anyone upset me when the talk of a baby comes up.

Mom has been so strong since we lost daddy. She hasn't given up. She gets out of bed every morning, goes to work, and continues on with her life. I know that there are days that she and I (and I'm sure that my brother and the rest of my dad's family probably feel this way too) would rather give up and just stay in bed and forget about life for a while...just let the grief win and cry forever...feeling so sorry for ourselves. But she won't do that, and because I know she is so strong and won't give up on her life, I can't either.

Tonight, Momma took me to Kittanning with her to have dinner with some of her friends that she used to work with at the Wal*Mart there. We went to The Villa...I'd never been there before, but it was a nice place! They have a cookie exchange every year (That reminds me...we're having a cookie exchange at the office in December...I'm making Peanut Butter Munchies. I'll share the recipe when I make the cookies..and post pictures) and have dinner together. Well, they didn't bake cookies this year, just exchanged recipes, talked, laughed, and ate. We had a nice time and the food was really good.

Thank you for being so strong for me, Momma. I love you forever and ever.

No comments: