11.11.2009

Thankful days 10, 11, and 12

Whooops! I'm a little behind, sorry about that! This is for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Today (and everyday) I am thankful for our military.

Wednesday was Veteran's Day, and I cannot tell you how thankful I am that I can live my life in freedom because of the great men and women who so freely serve our country. My dad was in the Navy, one uncle was in the Air Force, and one was in the Army. Bobby's grandfathers served in the Army and the Air Force, and a TON of his cousins have served in various branches of the military. We've both had many friends that have served our country, as well. I can't put into words how much I appreciate what our soldiers do for us every day.

This is something one of my friends posted as his status on facebook the other day. I really liked it. And it's so true, because our military fights to keep us free from the oppression of other countries and help to destroy terrorism!

The Veteran
It is the veteran, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion. It is the veteran, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the veteran, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the veteran, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble. It is the veteran, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial. It is the veteran, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote. It is the veteran, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag.


Soooo...that catches me up through today, and I'll do today's shortly!


No comments: