11.04.2009

Being thankful, day 3

I read this quote from Oprah on another blog...can't remember which one it was, as it isn't one that I read every day.

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have you will never, ever have enough."-Oprah

Today, I am thankful for inspiring teachers.

I work with some AMAZING teachers! Some of them show up to school before the sun's up and stay past dark every day (which is earlier now, I know, but still). Some of them even come in on weekends and work. It's inspiring to me to see that they are so dedicated to educating the young people in this world. It makes me want to be a better teacher, too. Yes, I know, I'm only a sub right now, but if I would get a job in the future, I would know how to improve on the things that need to be fixed. Obviously, I didn't just wake up one morning and say, "ok, I'm going to be a teacher." Somewhere along the way, I had to stumble upon some of these teachers while I was going to school. I've been very lucky to have some of the best teachers as I was growing up...Mrs. Brunetta, Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Bennett, Mrs. Paterson, Mrs. Kovalcick, Mrs. Orchard, Mrs. Grafton, Mrs. Warner, Mrs. Sasala, Dr. Kealey, Mrs. Grafton, Mr. Salser, Mr. Saylor, Sra. Miller, Ms. Nibert, Mrs. Lansberry, Mrs. Novels...these are just a handful of teachers who inspired me to make the choice that I did to go into education. A huge THANK YOU to all of them.
*~*
One other thing today...I don't know how many of you watch WTAE news (channel 4) but today, I saw the most heart wrenching, tear jerking, inspiring story about 2 boys with a disease called Batten Disease. Of the estimated 4.2 million children born in America this year, only about 100 will be diagnosed with Batten disease. It's extremely rare and there is no cure for it. Both of these boys were diagnosed with the disease and their parents know that their children won't live much longer. How heartbreaking. Here is a link to the article. There is a video on the page about the boys, as well. I'll be adding them to my prayer list tonight. I hope you'll say an extra prayer for them, too.

I'm off to make dinner and get some housework done. Hoping that I can tackle the mess on my dining room table! Hope you all have a wonderful evening!



1 comment:

Angie said...

Sarah, I LOVE that quote, it's in my kitchen. I agree with you I am thankful for SO many of my teachers who worked so hard!
Have a good weekend :)