11.10.2009

Thankful day 9

How about those Steelers, eh?? Did you watch the game? It was fantastic! The only bad part about it was that I stayed up TOOOOO late watching the game and then the news afterward, that I didn't get enough sleep!

My butt was really dragging at school today. I don't know if it was because I was tired, but the kids were REALLY crazy. By lunch time I was so tense and I thought I might start shaking and pull my hair out by the end of the day! I struggled through the afternoon and got to recess. I was able to talk to another adult and find that I wasn't the only one who was having a problem with the kids being crazy. We assumed it was because they don't have school tomorrow and it was "Friday" to them. OHHH well, I made it through the day and I'm still alive and have ALL of my hair :)

After a day like that it's really hard to be thankful! And I was pondering on my drive home about what I might have to be thankful about. Just then, a turkey ran out into the road! I slowed down, knowing that the turkey would make it to the other side, if I went slow enough. Then...ANOTHER turkey jumped in front of my car. I had to slam on my breaks. It was then that I discovered what I it is that I'm thankful for today.

Today, I am thankful for a running vehicle!

I haven't had the best of luck with my car...it's spent a lot of time in the shop. But...lately, it's been running pretty well! *knock on wood* When I had to slam on my breaks today so I wouldn't kill the turkey, I was glad that they work that well! Yes, I know I could have just killed the stupid turkey, but I would have cried the rest of the way home. So...that turkey flew out of the way, and I looked to my right and saw 4 more turkey on the other side of the road. As I drove away, the rest of the turkey walked across the road to their destination. I smiled and continued on my way home, thankful that I didn't kill any turkey today!

So with that, I must get going. We have very little food in the house and I have to figure out what to make for dinner. Hopefully I can pull something out of my rear-end. I think we have some meatballs in the freezer and some noodles. Guess I just figured out what I'm making for dinner tonight!


No comments: