11.02.2009

What are you thankful for?

So as I mentioned a while ago, I read several blogs every day. Today I was catching up on my Google reader and read Katie's post at My Life as a Wallace about being thankful. She said that her pastor's wife challenged her friends to post everyday about what they are thankful for. I think that this is something I might be able to accomplish.

I am thankful for the gift of laughter.

After a rough day at school, then going to the office and feeling pretty crappy about my current employment situation, I felt like no one liked me! I sometimes feel used and that my abilities are under appreciated. Well, after voicing my pitiful opinion of myself on facebook, my friends made me laugh! Sometimes I guess I just feel bad for myself and get paranoid that others think the same of me. It takes a little bit of reassurance from my friends and being able to laugh at myself to make me feel better. So thanks to my friends for making me laugh (at you and myself)!!
~*~
Let's see...a recap of yesterday....well, we sat around the house for a little while, I got in the shower at 12:30, and we went to Bob and Fran's to weigh in. I gained a pound. Booooo! So that's 9 lbs total that I've lost. Bobby lost another 2.2 lbs, so he's at 14 lbs in 9 weeks! I'm so proud of him, because he wasn't going to do this at all and now he's the one that's lost the most weight!

Last night we had dinner at Bob and Fran's to celebrate Jason's (that's Janelle's husband) birthday. We had delicious stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes. YUM! We also had yellow cake with cool whip/pudding icing, and chunked pineapple on top! DELICIOUSNESS! Aaaaannnndddd...that's about how exciting the day was! Haha.

This morning, my alarm went off at 6:30, just in case the school called. Well, as soon as my alarm went off (which is on my phone) my phone rang. It was Penns Manor. They needed me at the elementary school in the third grade. It wasn't a bad day...at first...but as the day went on, the kids got more crazy. I wound up being so upset with them at the end of the day that I was actually GLAD that the I was going to my other job. Haha. What a joke that was!
So yes, I did go to the Coach after school. I have to say, that most of the ladies there are fantastic. I do really love them, and they have become great friends over the past 3 years...BUT..some of them have such a lousy disposition on their lives. They're so miserable that they drag everyone else down! GRRRRR!!!!
TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY!!!!
That is going to be my motto for the week...no matter how bad the day is, the next day can't be any worse, can it? At least I hope not!

Let's see...what else to share...ummmm...We are going to Hershey/Harrisburg for Thanksgiving. My mom, brother, Bobby, and I are going to go stay near my mom's brother and sister to spend a few days with them. I know my grandparents are going, too, but I'm not sure if my mom's other brother, his wife and kids will go, though. This is going to be our first major holiday without dad. It's going to be rough, and I think the best way to deal with it is by being surrounded by family. I hope it works.
For those of you who have lost a loved one, is it better to be alone on holidays or with family? I would really like to hear what you have to say. Please tell me!

That's about it! It's 10 pm and I'm ready for bed. We'll see if the phone rings in the morning!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm sorry that your current employment situation isn't ideal. I hope it improves!!

Like I said on my comment on your letter to your dad, my dad passed away in June 2008 so last year was our first holidays without him. It helped IMMENSELY to be with family. We did somethings out of the norm, which helped but we also kept some traditions because I know thats what he would have wanted.

If you want to talk, please email me. KatieWallace7@gmail.com.

Another thing: No matter how bad (or good) things were between them every year my dad used to give my mom a Christmas ornament. I know that I can never "fill his place" or anything but I wanted to do something special for her. I found a PERFECT Hallmark ornament. It was a shell (which had special significance for him and our family) with "Every life leaves something beautiful behind" embossed on it. I got one for her tree and one for my tree. I'm sure they'll make them again this year; that might be a nice reminder of your dad to put on your tree.

I just added a link to your blog on my thankfulness post for today!

Sarah said...

Thank you, Katie. I am truly hoping that our family will help us get through this first holiday.

I really like the idea of the ornament. As of now, my mom doesn't want to put up a tree, but she may change her mind between now and Christmas. I will have to look for one for myself, at least!