9.22.2008

I'm beginning to understand...

...why people have schedules for cleaning and have the need for meal planning.

I'm going to attempt to create a schedule for our home and try the meal planning thing for a while. My husband says "How do I know that I'm going to be hungry for tacos on Tuesday?" And my response to that was "You don't, you're just going to have to eat what I cook!"

We both work all day and come home super tired and want to take a nap. Well, I fight the urge and dive into household chores. If I took a nap everyday, we'd never get anything done around here. I feel that if I can plan ahead for dinners, I won't have to wait until 8 or 9 to have dinner. Hubby on the other hand, takes a nap everyday after work, and would be perfectly content with eating fast food every night. I'm not up for that anymore! Time to take control and do what I need to do! So I'm browsing other blogs and trying to figure out what type of schedule is going to work for me. While doing this, I'm watching foodnetwork and trying to find some recipes to feed Mr. Picky!

2 comments:

Jena Webber said...

Thanks for following the blog. You will do just fine. You need to sit down with a pad of paper and plan some meals. You could try "once a month cooking" or "Make a Mix" or even Slow Cooker meals to get it started. Hope this helps. No one slides into homemaking easily. We chug along.

ashley said...

i am in the same boat girl. i look for inspiration on all these wonderful women... but its not as easy as i thought i was.
some things that i have found helpful:
- plan meals every other week. limits the time in the store and i think that it ends up being cheaper.

- on busy nights put the pot-crocker on before you leave in the morning. some things you can get ready the night before, and yah its a lot of time in the kitchen for one night. but when you come home , dinners done, and it smells so good, its ALL worth it!!
good luck, keep chuggin....
peace.