12.10.2008

I'd rather be exhausted than broke!

In case you were wondering, Jen and Ben's wedding was wonderful. We had an excellent time - except for the road to the reception being closed because of snow. We took the long way around and ended up at the reception an hour after we left the church!!

Since Monday, I've been subbing at a local school district from 8am until 3:45pm, then driving into town, working at the office from 4-ish until 8, then going to our new house and working. I'll be doing it again tomorrow, then I'll be finished subbing for the week!
At the beginning of the week, Bobby said to me "Don't exhaust yourself." I didn't think it was going to be too bad...but now that we're half way through the week, it's starting to really get to me.

I'm tired, my legs are aching from standing all day at school, and I just want to take a nap. But I must press on and get to the end of this week. I had to put the extra hours in at the office because I was worried about not having the money to pay my bills for the month - hence why I'd rather be exhuasted than broke. There's always the weekend to sleep in a little bit!

Things are going pretty well at the house. We got all the wall paper stripped from the 2 bathrooms, and the master bedroom. Took down all of the rotted curtain rods, and Bobby and his dad patched holes in the ceilings. Tonight, I'll be scrubbing walls, windows, and baseboards. Hopefully we can tape things off and start painting the bathrooms!

I keep promising pictures, and as soon as MY laptop decides it wants to connect to the internet I'll get some posted.

No comments: