2.09.2009

Octuplets

We're watching Entertainment Tonight right now and they were just showing a story about the Octuplets that were born in California. They are so tiny and all so weak. It makes me want to cry when I see them. The doctors aren't even sure that they will all live. How could that woman bring all of those children into the world when she has 6 kids at home and not work??? They asked her how she would be able to provide for them...and she said she'll find a way. Yeah...she'll be on welfare and sucking up government money that could be going someone else...SHE NEEDS TO GET A JOB!! I'm not saying that these children don't deserve the assistance, I'm just upset with the woman and the doctor putting these children's lives at risk.

I understand that the doctor should not have implanted all 8 of the fertilized embryos and it isn't entirely the mother's fault. But...there are people in this world that can't have children and would love to have one of those babies who are fighting for their lives.
I would love to have one of those beautiful babies and provide them with an uncrowded home where I could provide them with food and clothing and a safe place to be.

In other news...DANCING WITH THE STARS starts in a month. They announced all of the new stars last night. I can't believe that Steve-o is going to be on it. He can't possibly take it seriously. I guess we'll see.

OH! And did you see Paula Abdul's dress last night?? If not...here it is, in all of it's hidiousness!


Tonight I made Creamy Ranch Chicken for dinner. It was delicious! Bobby really liked it too. It was so easy...I'll definitely be making it again. In the time it took me to boil the water and cook the pasta, I had everything else done. I would suggest turning the water on right before you start cooking the bacon.
Here's the recipe (from BHG.com):

Ingredients

  • 6 slices bacon
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. ranch dry salad dressing mix
  • 1-1/4 cups whole milk (I USED SKIM MILK)
  • 3 cups dried medium noodles
  • 1 Tbsp. finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings.

2. In the same skillet cook chicken in reserved drippings until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken in the skillet; stir well. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture with noodles; sprinkle with Parmesan. Makes: 4 servings


Well...the President's on now...I'll be a good US Citizen and watch him, I guess.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt see the story about the women with the babies tonight, but I want to watch 20 20. Barak is on right now, so I dont know what is going on with the TV... But anywho... I cant believe the doctor would even give her any invitro because she has 6 children already and she isnt married and doesnt work! I am so mad about the entire situation!!!! I may write that lady a letter. I too can not wait for the new season of Dancing with the stars. It is neat that Jewel and Ty Murry will be competing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Shawn Johnson from the Olympics!!! Your meal looks good I may have to try it. I am glad Bobby liked it and you didnt have to tell him what to do. Hahaha.

Sarah said...

I think you should write her a letter. She makes me angry.
I decided that I couldn't watch Obama. It was incredibly boring. He's done now.
I think that Ty & Jewel will be great on Dancing, and Bobby thinks that Shawn Johnson will probably go the farthest. I was addicted to the Olympics, too. I would delay when I went to work just so I could walk them.
Bachelor's on now. It's sooo addicting.

Traci said...

paula abdul just looks hideous all together in that picture! she is usually really pretty.... well, sometimes.