4.16.2009

I am a VIOLIST...not a violinist.

So this week started dress rehearsals for Beauty & The Beast at Penns Manor High School. Oh what fun they've been. I've been working 'til 5, coming home, changing into sweats, eating something really quick and running out the door to get to the school for 4 hours of rehearsal!

This morning we performed act 1 for the elementary kids. They really seemed to enjoy it. It was fun to see their reaction to the live action of a movie they've seen 100's of times. We had a little glitch during the performance and I hope that it doesn't happen on opening night.
The inner curtain for the stage got stuck shut and we were to be moving on to the next scene but had to stop for 10 minutes while they fixed the curtain.

Did I mention that I'm playing the violin 2 part for this show?! They didn't print a VIOLA book for it, so the next best thing was violin 2. The music is freakin' hard! I am NOT a VIOLINST! I can't shift up into 5th/6th position and play all this high stuff without problems. I'm working my booty off and I can't do any more than I'm already doing. So to all of those people in the pit who I know don't read this because they don't even know my name because they're jerks, quit giving me shit...I can't take any more of it! And to the guy who's a sub and took all of my high school music days, buzz off and quit taking my days!! He's subbing for the elementary general music teacher tomorrow and I'm mad because I'm going to be in the building for a 5th grade teacher and not for music.

And I bet I forgot to tell you about the 5th grade teacher I'm covering for. She's having surgery to remove a spur from her spine and she requested that I sub for her from tomorrow, through next Friday, the 24th. I was a little nervous about doing it because it's going to be a WHOLE week and she's trusting me (the girl with the music degree, not elem. ed degree) in her classroom teaching her kids. I talked to her the day she requested me about it and she said that she trusts me with the kids and know they all like me, so there was nothing to be worried about. She said if I was alright with it, then so was she. That made me feel really good about myself as a teacher. I have considered getting my masters in elementary ed...being duel certified will really increase my chances of being employed.

Speaking of employment...I sent my application into Harmony School District on Monday. Thanks again, Traci, for the heads up on that one! I told my mother-in-law that I was submitting my application and she gave me a priority envelope and paid the postage through the company mail account so I could send my application over-night. The deadline is tomorrow...
Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! I'm really hoping that I at least get a phone call for an interview. I'll let you know if I do get a phone call.

Well, it's bed time. Subbing in the morning, then Beauty & The Beast show #1 at 8:00 pm.
By the way, if you're in the area this weekend and don't have plans yet...the shows are as follows:
Friday @ 8:00 PM
Saturday @ 7:00 PM
Sunday @ 2:00 PM
Tickets are $7 and are available at the door.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: