10.30.2009

Bad Wife?

Do you ever feel like you're a bad wife? Or maybe that you aren't appreciated for what you do?

All week I taught and I went to my other job a few days as well. After spending the day with 500+ kids and having to constantly be on my toes I'm exhausted. I have to make sure that they aren't talking when they aren't supposed to, that they're keeping their hands to themselves, understanding what they're supposed to be doing, reading, doing independent work, spelling, math...singing, playing an instrument...which includes checking fingerings, the embouchure, how they're holding the instrument, if they know the name of the note, how long it needs to be played, are they resting...ugh! It's crazy! I love what I do, honestly, but my brain is engaged from the minute I walk in the door of the school until I walk back out to my car.

So when I get home, I'm drained. I am not ready to cook and clean when I get home. That housewife switch doesn't turn on. I feel like I'm letting my husband down because I don't cook dinner for him every night. I wait until the weekend to do laundry and some of my other housework. Does it make me a bad wife because I don't care if I do my wifey jobs everyday??

How do those of you who work balance all of those things? Does your husband help you? Mine doesn't very much. It makes it even harder to get things done when I do it all on my own! Suggestions? Help?! Please?!!??!

No comments: