10.18.2009

Happy Birthday Momma!!!!

Today is my Momma's Birthday! She's at the Steelers game today with her friends. 5 of her friends went together and bought her a ticket to take her. How nice is that?! They all paid for their own tickets, and then split the cost of hers!! They surprised her with it earlier this week. I wish I could have gotten tickets to take her, but they're a little too expensive for us! At least someone could take her. I'm planning to make her dinner this week and a homemade carrot cake.
This is my mom, Uncle Jeff, and my daddy on my wedding day. I love this picture of them!


We've had a really fun and busy weekend. Friday night we went to dinner with Bobby's cousin Jill, her husband Mike, and our friends Amy and Anthony. Also, Jill and Mike have an exchange student from Mexico living with them until June. Her name is Ale. I think it's Alejandra, but I'm not sure...everyone calls her Ale (like Ali). She came with us, too, and so did another exchange student, Michelle, who's from Switzerland. We went to Ironwood and had some delicious food and a great time with everyone.....until we started talking about Christmas...my mood totally changes when I think about the upcoming holidays. I usually cry a little when we talk about Christmas. Everyone changed the subject really quickly so I would stop crying. It worked...but I was still not as happy as I was at first.

Yesterday, Bobby and I went to a wedding near Uniontown, PA. We went with his parents, Janelle and Jason, Jill and Mike, and his Uncle Dave and Aunt Donna. The wedding was for our friend's daughter. We didn't go to the ceremony, just the reception. It was a very nice place. I think it was called Anthony's Lakeside Party Center. We were in McClelandtown, or Uniontown...not sure. It was a beautiful place. We had a really nice time and stayed the night. We got back just before the Steelers game came on.

I have been forgetting to update on my weight loss progress. Last week I lost 4 lbs! That took me to a total loss of 8 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. Although...I got on the scale today to weigh-in and I gained 2 lbs. But, I'm okay with that because we had the wedding and there were cookies and alcohol.....and well...who can resist that at a wedding?!

After the game is over, I think I'm going to do some cleaning. The house is kind of a mess right now and I've got another busy week of subbing coming up and I know I'm not going to feel like doing it after school and going to AmbCoach.

Have a good evening! 4th quarter's about to start. Let's hope our defense can keep playing through the end of the game! Here we go!!!

No comments: