3.13.2009

Real Quick

So right now I'm at Penns Manor Elementary School, subbing for the Band director. I have been here since 8:00 am, had lobby duty where I greeted the kids, then I've taught for a total of 1 hour so far...and it's now 11:30. I won't see another kid for at least another hour....wow!

I've seen 6 kids so far today for PERCUSSION lessons. Oh what fun! I now understand why Westmont doesn't just let any kid that wants to play the drums! These kids don't bother counting, they just want to hit the drum head. One boy said, "I should've played the saxaphone...at least they get to sit." HOW LAZY! Lessons are maybe a half an hour, if the kid shows up on time...and band is only half an hour...1 day a week.

After school today, I'm taking 2 of Bobby's cousins home with me...one is in 1st grade, the other in 3rd. They'll be coming to our house until their mom's come for my Home Interior Party @ 7:00. I can't wait for everyone to see our new house!

Last night, we drove down to Robinson Town Center to go to IKEA!! Oh how I love IKEA!! We bought 6 new dining room chairs, cushions to go on them, a plastic bag wrangler, and a mirror that extends away from the wall so that I can actually SEE in the bathroom! It was supposed to be an hour and a half drive and we left at 5:00...we got there at 6:45 becuase the traffic through Pittsburgh was terrible. We left there around 7:30. We pretty much ran through the store and I wish we hadn't...We looked at a couple of beds for the spare room, but bobby said there's one in his mom and dad's barn that we can use instead. We also walked through the baby section.
I found a crib that I really like...and I'll keep it in mind when we're planning for the nursery.

After we left IKEA, we went to Lonestar Steakhouse...it was blah...we meant to go to Texas Roadhouse...I wish we would've gone to TR because we were really disappointed. The food wasn't that great, and all they have is chicken, steak and shrimp. Blah! We finished eatting rather quickly and got home around 9:30. I had to go to Wal*Mart when we got home so I could get some snacky things for my party tonight...I'm making a delicious parfait with angel food cake, berries, and pudding/coolwhip. Also, i'm making a cheesey dip in a bread bowl, some mini quiches, and that's about it. Don't want to over do it!

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday night cleaning out our MESSY spare bedroom. We had shoved all the extra stuff in there when we moved and it was a big pile of boxes and randomness. I spent a lot of time in the room organizing everything that I could, and threw away a lot of stuff. Once we get a bed, it will be perfect. I'll show you the before and after photos later...

Well, the pre-k kids are getting ready to leave for the day and 2 of bobby's little cousins are in that group...I'm going to go say goodbye to them.

Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Traci said...

texas roadhouse is wayyy better than lonestar. when i lived in maryland i went to lonestar with high hopes, thinking it was their version of texas roadhouse. it was a lot "classier" but definitely not worth it. glad to see you guys got to go to the hockey game tonight, and with great seats!