3.03.2009

Long time gone!

It's been two weeks since I've updated you all on my life. Not that it's that exciting, but I've been busy!

The 16th-22nd, I subbed one day, and worked a lot of extra hours at the office. Other than that...nothing really went on.

The 23rd-29th, I was really busy. I subbed every day at Penns Manor Elementary and worked from 4-8 or 9 at the office. We got moved on Monday and have been here for a week now.

Monday & Friday I was in for the General Music teacher. That was so much fun. The person who is there is an IDIOT! I can't stand her, or her teaching methods. I wish she would retire, but she has at least 10 more years to go...she's only 55. She'll probably die teaching. It would be the perfect job for me!

Tuesday, I was a 6th grade SCIENCE teacher. That was a little scary! I am not a science person, at all. The kids were pretty great with only a few trouble makers, who lost their play time.

Wednesday, I floated...meaning, I walked from room to room and grabbed things from teachers to copy. Well...the damn copy machine jammed up all day long and it wasn't my fault. I had been pulling out the pieces of paper that were getting jammed and I tried to be polite and let another teacher go in front of me and get her 1 copy made. Well, the machine jammed for her, and she didn't clear the paper out. Then it happened again, and again, and again...she didn't clear out the paper. and never got her copy! When it was my turn to use it again the machine had so much paper stuck in it that the principals secretary had to come over and pull pieces out of the machine and turn it off so it could cool down and we could get the paper out. I was so mad. It wasn't my fault!

Thursday was quite a day! I subbed for the WORST 3rd grade room in the grade. The kids couldn't sit still in their chairs. One boy in particular got up out of his chair everytime I turned around to write something on the board and walked to the other side of the room. I'd look up and he'd be moved from the right side of the room to the left. It made me so mad. He did it constantly! The other child who made me angry would tilt her chair back in the back 2 legs and rest her head on the childs desk behind her. One time I caught her standing on her head! I took her chair from her and sat on it in the front of the room. I warned her 3 times...so she lost her chair! It was a very trying day for me. I'm not sure I could handle that room again!

It was quite a week, but I would do it again. I've totally rethought my plans for teaching. The amount of time I've spent with the elementary students out of the music classroom has been amazing. They are so sweet and kind...well, most of them. They get excited about new fun things and can be so innocent. I think I'm going to get my masters in Elem. Ed. It will increase my chances of getting employed closer to Indiana. We'll see...I don't know that I want to take out another loan just yet, but I know I'll have to do it eventually.

We're about to have dinner...it's 9:15...kinda late, but we both took a nap after work. I'm exhausted!!!!

2 comments:

Traci said...

sarah, there were anticipated openings in the paper for homer center, maybe you already saw it. but fyi... i have been disappointed you haven't updated! :)

Sarah said...

sorry to disappoint you, traci! I should be updating tonight. I hope! I didn't see the openings in the paper...we don't get it every day. I'll have to check out the website. Thanks!