1.17.2010

Breakfast recipe

I just stumbled upon this recipe while looking for something to have with dinner tonight.

Crockpot Breakfast

32 oz frozen hash browns
1 lb cooked ham cubed ( lean )
1 onion diced
1 green pepper diced
1 1/2 c shredded cheese ( Regular Cheese )
12 eggs
1 c skim milk
1 t salt
1 t black pepper

Divide potatoes, ham, veggies and cheese so you can create several layers of each in the crock pot. Start with the hash browns, then ham, onions peppers and last cheese. Repeat until you have several layers. Beat eggs, milk salt & pepper pour over layers in the crockpot cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours overnight.

This would be great for Christmas morning. My mother-in-law always makes some sort of breakfast casserole for breakfast on Christmas day, I think this would be something a little easier for her...or maybe I'll make it this year!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE my crockpot. It makes me life easier! Thanks for sharing this!