1.21.2009

Looooooooong day.

Today I spent my day with fourteen 5 and 6 year-olds, teaching kindergarten. Wow. I love those kids. They are so trusting and untainted by most things in this world. I never really thought about their age in comparison to mine before today. Most of those kids were born in 2003 or 2004. I was in my sophomore year of college when they were born.

One little boy, Domminic, (who I love, love, love!) was telling me that his dad was coming home today from Iraq. He was so excited that his dad was coming home. He doesn't even know why his dad is in Iraq, he wasn't even alive at the start of this war to be able to comprehend why his dad is away from him, fighting for our freedom. Thank you Domminic's dad for what you do for us, we are so fortunate to have others, like you, willing to fight for us. God bless you.

As I sat at my desk tooday, watching the kids play during recess, I thought to myself that I really do want to have kids. These kids were just so heart warming. They randomly hugged me and surprised me all day at how smart and sweet they are. Don't get my wrong, they all have their moments when they test your patience. There were a few kids that are obviously an only child or an older sibling because they take control of things, or some kids that have problems following directs because they are easily distracted. But they are actually good kids when you can get them under control. I don't know how anyone could not want kids if they spent the day with the 14 kids I had in my room today.

After school, I went to the office to work. While there, one of the other ladies I work with was staying late to make up some time. We wound up talking the entire time we were both there, just venting about various things in our lives. I think it was something we both needed, because I left feeling much better about things. I guess I just needed the adult conversation after being with the kids all day.

I got home around 7:45, and Bobby actually cooked dinner for me! I was so excited. Even though it was only spaghetti and deer tenderloin, I didn't have to cook it, so it was great! Now we're both just relaxing for the rest of the night before bed. I need to get some stuff done around the house, but I'm way too tired to even think about dusting or vaccuuming. I just want to relax.
Time to make some hot tea and relax. Night all!

No comments: